Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Sigh and SMH

Well, it's been over a year since I've been in Korea...and I must say; it has been well worth the ride. But now that the ride is over, should I get on again, or make my rounds of this amusement park i.e. "the rest of the world?"

I'm very undecided at this point. Part of me wants to go home, because I miss my people. But is missing my family and friends enough to go  back home to no job, or instability? I don't think so. Sometimes, you have to face the facts and make the hard choices to get ahead in life.

As I'm typing this, I'm crying on the inside...gone are the days where I can make easy decisions that have no "real" effect on my future. Here are the days of setting myself up to be where I want to be in life. I just had a birthday and along with age came wisdom.

So, please pray that I make the decision that will only enhance my future. That I'm in the right place at the right time. That I don't fall victim to the "I want" mentality once again, and follow the "I need to" instead.

Until next time, try hard to make decisions with every possible outcome in mind. "You're never too old to be what you might have been" ~George Eliott...I'm living proof of that.

5 comments:

  1. Delijah! Coming from someone is overseas now, i say where you are! Take in everything you can. Friends and Fam will be there. The economy in the US is unstable at the moment, and the competition for jobs is crazy. Im glad i made the decision to move overseas when i did. You dont wanna go back and fight to make a living when you are stable now.
    Just ask God to order your steps and he will guide you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivory, Thanks so much for your advice; I've definitely been considering what you're saying. If the economy was better, I'd have no qualms about returning home...and yes, God will order my steps...I love that about Him. :-) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I don't know if I can offer any advice to you without it sounding slightly bias.(Being Someone who finds you very attractive. LOL) As far as the US economy it's bad yes. But it's bad in the world. This is a trend that is done on purpose. Jobs are everywhere it's just a matter of humbling yourself about these things. Money is truly overrated. Granted, I am not the most well traveled man in the world. But it never stopped me from being a bright light in it. I can say make sure whatever you do it is the right thing in your heart and make sure it is what the Most High wants for you. Because as a man it would be easy for me to say to you come back to NC. But as a friend(If I am Considered that to you)I refuse to act on my own selfish desire for you. But remember though Family and Friends are foundations of love,insight,and truth. Me personally I don't feel I could dwell so long without that part of my life. You shouldn't cry on that matter at least not tears of sadness. It just means you have reach a new pinnacle in your walk. Embrace it and reflect on how it has made you a better person and a stronger woman. You are speaking of instability what is that when you have The Most High Yah(Psalms 68:4) with you."But is missing my family and friends enough to go back home to no job, or instability?" Simple answer is yes. Because that is a strong drive and focus point. But again I digress putting my personal feelings in the way of what you are trying to do and I am sorry for that. Just saying take care of yourself in every decision you make and I will pray that you make them with just and sound wisdom. And Happy Belated Birthday Delijah! I really hope my words offered you some insight into you decision making process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to comment and offer your insight Terence. As always, it's helpful! And, of course you are a friend...I don't even know why you had to go there! LOL.

    Thanks for the Birthday Wishes. Take care, and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Problem anytime you need me I am here. Well I don't know if this is your cup of tea. But I thought I would at least try to help out anyway I can. I know you saying something about the job market to the lesser extent. http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/index.aspx?page=747&key=2253 I think you might be qualified for the position.

    ReplyDelete