Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

The dust settles...

So, this post is very random, yet relevant. I can't really put my finger on what I want to say; so, I'll try to sum it up into one phrase "Love is like the sea." You can deduct from that what you want. :-)

So, it's been about 1 1/2 months since my beau and I split. The emotional dust is settling...Okay, REWIND! So, you didn't know I was dating in Korea, right!? Well, I was. I met him in March, and we ended it in October...much to my demise...

But, like I was saying; I went through all the emotions that I think are healthy and a few that I know were definitely NOT healthy. I allowed myself one solid weekend to "officially" mourn...LOL. Ya know what I mean; close the curtains, turn off the lights, hole up in a corner; go through a box of tissues, listen to break up songs, and not answer the door or phone. That got old quickly, and I moved on to the more healthy ways to cope.

Although mentally, I've moved on, and am focusing on me, my heart is still heavy thinking of how much fun we had together and the ways in which we actually were compatible. But, like a wise man said somewhere in olden days, you can't cry over spoilt' milk. There's no point.

This most recently ended "ship" just got me to doing a lot of thinking...I'm very weary of the dating scene. "This" time will always be different; I'll be the exception. The number one conclusion I've come to is nothing "new" per se: It takes two to tango. It only takes 1 person in a friendship, courtship, or marriage to wake up one day and realize that he/she doesn't wanna do this anymore...and there goes that.

If you feel this way, why do you date then? You may be asking me. Because...I'm guilty. Handcuff me. Throw me in jail. I am so guilty of still believing in love. Yes, the fairy-tale kind. Sue me. LOL. I believe because I have faith.

My faith reminds me that I have a Father who loves me more than anything in this universe; and His love is like no other (1 Corinthians 13:4). He's blessed me with a natural father who loves me more than any man in this world. It only makes sense that He's already sending the man that will love me like He desires for me to be loved in a marriage.

I just need to take out the guess work and trust Him. So yeah, I'm the blame for my current status. Like I said, this blog is a bit random; and a little all over the place. But guess what? It's MY blog! I can do that!! Hee hee.

Until next time, the solution to your problem resides within you. Take a look in the mirror sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment