Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

It's just too good to be true...

So, since I'm in writing mode already (I'll explain soon), I decided to take a break and blog! Not much going on this way, but teaching and chilling...

I just wanna give a shout out to God! Whew, He's kept me through a year in Korea!

I've gained some things, lost some things, but in the bigger picture, it was all part of His plan. <insert praise break here> ^^

BTW "^^" is the Korean equivalent of our smiley face. It is used just as commonly as our "LOL." But, that is NOT what I want to write about.

Let me tell you what's been going down in good ole' Korea!

1) School is still going great! I'm truly blessed to have not only 1--but 2 schools that I adore and mesh very well with.

2) I've started language exchange with a new acquaintance from school. We're both learning each others' languages, so it's perfect. And the company isn't bad either! ALSO, I've started taking a Korean language class. I'm really enjoying it; but I've been sketchy on attendance lately. Why? That brings me to number...

3) I'm entering a teaching competition! Lemme tell you all about it...

So, last Tuesday, my head co-teacher came to me in a frantic state. I thought something was wrong. Come to find out, she really wanted me to enter a teaching competition. I'm like, <look left, look right> are you sure? I mean, I enjoy what I do, but I'm not a certified teacher. She showed me all the requirements, and it looked pretty foreign, but because I like her a lot and don't want to disappoint the school, I did what any good Korean employee--I mean employee would do. I said "sure!"

So--real talk--I've been working on this competition package in most of my free time since that day. I've recorded a class period (nerve wrecking) and started editing...thinking I'm doing something! Ummm, nope! I just finished editing the video today with all the finishing touches. At 5 today, I started working on the written part...My Lord! It's gonna be a long night. But to top it all off...this submission is only for the first round of eliminations! If, by some miracle, I don't make it to the last round (yep, I'm that confident) then this work may all be in vain!

The great thing is, I'm really enjoying putting how I feel about teaching here onto paper. And, I thank God for college...it definitely prepped me for this moment by writing 20 page "A" papers in a night or so. ^^

So all in all, I'm not sad that I accepted. I am sad for my night...because all I foresee is black and white for a while in the near future! *chuckle*

Until next time give whatever you're doing your all, you will enjoy it much more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment