Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

It is what it is...

So....I'm nearing my 1 month mark here in the lovely South Korea. I believe I will be just fine. I love the food, so all of those who thought it would be an automatic recipe for weight loss--think again. LOL. I'm actually going to inquire about the gym right up the street. This will give me a positive way to spend some of my free time.

Although, I'm venturing out a little on my own, I still realize the necessity of having company! It's been a short while, but I haven't met anyone yet that I just instantly clicked with....sure, I have a few acquaintances, but no one yet that I'd just call up on a whim and say, Hey you wanna do so and so, and they actually say, Sure, why not? Foreigners, for the most part, are few and far in between. Even the local foreign teachers are so embedded in their own interwoven fabric of culture, that it's hard for me to mesh. Once again, it has only been a month, but sometimes it's just easier to wait on that instant connection feeling. No forced conversations. Just a kindred spirit.

So, in the meantime, I will continue to do me, and experience being with me...an author friend of mine, says, the most romantic date I'll ever go on is with myself...we shall see!! LOL. Not literally looking for romance (I always welcome the idea), but more so looking for a few cool people to hang out with and explore all of Asia.

I'll definitely keep you posted once I find what I'm looking for. :-) Hey, enjoy the pictures of my recent ongoings in Itaewon, Seoul (S. Korea). It's the tourist (foreign) shopping area. Also, have random pictures I've taken with my phone of my class and other items. ;-) View Pictures Here

No comments:

Post a Comment